The project consists of three Mineral Exploration Licences (MEL)in eastern Greenland and located 450 km west of Iceland:
MEL 2007-01: 107 km2, hosts the Skaergaard Intrusion
MEL 2012-25: 16 km2, located 10 km east of EL2007-01 hosts historical camp
MEL 2021-10: 754 km2, “new area” located north and west of Skaergaard deposit
100% owned -has no royalties or encumbrances except to Greenland government from future production revenues
Skaergaard Exploration Licences
- MEL 2007 2007-01 contains Skaergaard Intrusion and the main focus of 2021 summer drilling program
- MEL 2012 2012-25 contains Sødalen airstrip (600m long) able to handle Twin Otter, and historical camp area (project staging area)
- Access to Skaergaard Intrusion via helicopter transport from Sødalen or through Miki and Watkins Fjords via supply ship (ice ice-free summer)
Unique layered mafic igneous complex (“reef structures”) with stratiform platinum group metals (PGM) Pd and Pt, and gold, and Fe Fe-Ti -V oxides
- Platinova Reef, hosted by the 55 Ma Skaergaard intrusion, example of a rarer type of PGM deposit, typified by a Pd Pd-Au -Cu -dominant, Ni Ni-Pt -poor, sulfide assemblage
- Extremely young compared to South African PGM reefs (Precambrian – 2.1 Ga)
- Triple Group (Upper Upper-MiddleMiddle-Lower) contains PGM and narrow zone contains gold
- Thickness of the entire Triple Group mineralized package is approx. 45 metres
- Several drilling campaigns and extensive scientific research over many decades – discovered in 1930
Click or Tap the link below to download our corporate presentation.
SIGNUP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Join our mailing list to receive our latest news and updates.
789 West Pender St., Suite 810
Vancouver, BC V6C 1H2
Copyright © 2020 Major Precious Metals, all rights reserved.
This website contains scientific and technical information with respect to adjacent or similar mineral properties, which the Company has no interest in or rights to explore. Readers are cautioned that information regarding mineralization on adjacent or similar properties is not necessarily indicative of the presence of mineralization on the Company’s properties.All scientific and technical information contained on this website was prepared by, and approved by Paul Ténière, P.Geo., President & CEO of Major Precious Metals, who is a Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101. Mr. Ténière has verified the scientific and technical information disclosed on this website by reviewing and referencing published scientific papers, historical NI 43-101 technical reports, and government reports related to the Company’s properties that outline their geology and structure, mineralization potential, deposit style, and any past production history.
Qualified Person Statement: All scientific and technical information disclosed on this website has been prepared and approved by Paul Ténière, M.Sc., P.Geo., President and CEO of Major Precious Metals Corp and a Qualified Person as defined in NI 43-101.